At Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation our vision is to provide an opportunity for people with disabilities to live independently and participate fully in society.
Volunteers will enjoy being part of a great community working towards improving the lives and rehabilitation outcomes of disabled persons. You will have the chance to make friends and gain new skills.
Our Greenlane facility includes residential accommodation for up to 70 clients, respite care, rehabilitation gym, hydrotherapy pool, physiotherapy, stroke and COPD rehabilitation groups.
Clients using our services include people rehabilitating following stroke, orthopaedic injury, traumatic brain injury, amputation, and neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s and Huntington’s disease.
Volunteering opportunities could include activities such as:
- Walking with residents
- Maintaining and improving garden areas
- Helping people learn new skills
- Engaging with residents, playing games
- Accompanying residents on outings such as shopping, getting coffee or going to the movies
- Facilitating activities such as art and craft projects
- Helping with general tasks to improve the environment
- We would also welcome any special skills or interests you may be able to contribute
Volunteering offers an enriching life experience and a chance to have a positive impact on the lives of others.
For more information about becoming a volunteer or to let us know any particular skills or experience you would like to offer, please complete your details on the form below and we will be in touch.