Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation, invites you to join the two-day Level 1 Wheeled Mobility & Postural Management training course. This is a Seating To Go workshop aimed at therapists assessing people with non-complex
Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation, invites you to join the two-day Level 1 Wheeled Mobility & Postural Management training course.
This is a Seating To Go workshop aimed at therapists assessing people with non-complex seating and wheeled mobility needs. It’s designed for those who wish to become a certified Level 1 Wheeled Mobility & Postural Management Equipment & Modifications Services (EMS) Assessor.
DATE & TIME
Monday 19 November and Tuesday 20 November, 9am to 4.30pm daily.
Therapists completing this workshop will demonstrate an ability to:
- Understand the biomechanics of seating with particular reference to pelvic stability and function
- Identify client’s wheelchair seating needs through clinical evaluation
- Understand and minimize factors that contribute to the development of pressure injuries
- Critically evaluate the clinical and functional applications of a range of wheelchair cushions and simple back supports
- Utilise adjustable features on standard manual wheelchairs to optimise positioning and mobility
- Identify indicators for power mobility and adjustable features on standard power wheelchairs (i.e. those with standard proportional joystick controls and one seating function)
- Identify indicators for referral to a specialised assessment service for people with complex (Level 2) needs
- The biomechanics of seating
- Principles of seating for function and pressure management
- The effect of wheelchair configuration on pressure and positioning
- Functional considerations for different disability groups
- Clinical evaluation
- Cushion evaluation
- Configuring standard manual wheelchairs to meet client need – practical session with tools
- Wheelchair skills training
- Indicators for power mobility and understanding standard power wheelchair options
Download the objectives and programme here.
WHO CAN ATTEND
As this is a Ministry of Health (MOH) subsidised training, it’s only open to individuals who are employed or contracted by District Health Boards (DHBs), the MOH, Ministry of Education (MOE) and Disability Support Services (DSS) contract holders. Attendees must spend at least 75% of their time in the above employment situation.
Unfortunately, private assessors cannot attend this particular course.
Prices are determined by your employment information. Costs are as follows:
- $200 for DHB employees
- $400 for DHB contractors
- $200 for DSS employees
- $400 for DSS contractors
- $300 for MOE employees
- $400 for MOE contractors
Costs are GST inclusive and include course material.
WHAT TO BRING
- Exercise mat or rug for day one
- Toolbox and tools for day two. View the equipment list here
- Morning tea, afternoon tea and refreshments are provided, however you’ll need to bring lunch for both days. Local bakeries and cafes are a short walking distance from the venue
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Morgan on +64 9 520 9012.
19 (Monday) 9:00am - 20 (Tuesday) 4:30pm NZST
9am to 4.30pm both days
Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation
224 Great South Road, Greenlane, Auckland 1051
Choose the ticket type based on your primary employment i.e. where you spend 75% of your time.
Tickets are not available for sale any more for this event!