We Challenge, Motivate, Rehabilitate
We are looking for someone to lead our facilities team. Are you a DIYer or the person who gets called when something breaks? Do you have a trades background or qualification? Would you call yourself a bit of a ‘jack–of–all–trades’? Then we may be looking for you!
We’re seeking a self-starter for a full time Facilities Supervisor role. Someone with passion and who is prepared to get in and get things done. You have responsibility for managing the facilities team consisting of maintenance officers and cleaning personnel. No two days will be the same as you oversee the maintenance schedules, management of contractors, and undertake day-to-day general maintenance tasks around our facility as needed. You will also need to be available ‘on call’ for any emergency facility support after hours if needed. You will establish working relationships with the Maintenance Officers at our other two north island sites, to ensure consistency of maintenance processes across the organisation.
As Supervisor you need to be focused on the team providing a timely, cost effective service, while ensuring our facility is safe and secure and meets all standards in accordance with H&S and Building Warrant of Fitness compliance. Computer skills are needed to update and manage the electronic maintenance schedules and audit requirements. You will be a member of both the Senior Leadership team and Health and Safety Committee.
For 50 years Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation has provided services to people who have had a stroke, suffered neurological diseases, traumatic brain injury, amputation or orthopedic injuries. We have an excellent reputation in rehabilitation, with a progressive approach to the future.
So if you want to use your skills and qualifications to be part of something meaningful, work with a committed and respected team, and contribute to improving lives of others, then come and join us.
What we’d like from you:
- Previous facilities supervisory experience is preferred
- A self-starter who has a can do attitude to get things done
- Previous experience managing repairs and maintenance, DIY experience, etc.
- The ability to meet the physical demands of the role
- The ability to work Monday to Friday and some after-hours work (including weekends) as needed
- Good computer skills
- A trades background or formal trade qualification may be an advantage
- New Zealand Drivers Licence and ability to drive both manual and automatic cars confidently around the city.
- Eligibility to work legally in New Zealand and you must currently be based in the country
What we can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Access to a well-resourced gym and hydro therapy pool
- Opportunity to make a difference in our client’s lives and your community
- City Fringe location means free parking (on street) and great public transport options nearby
Applications close on Friday, 9 August 2019. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@lft.co.nz.