For post operative care, our team will meet with you and your family as soon as possible to plan the rehabilitation pathway and establish goals. Our rehabilitation team will ensure the transition to our facility is well planned and smooth with treatment beginning as soon as you arrive at Laura Fergusson Rehabilitation (LFR).
During your post-surgical rehabilitation, our therapists will provide one-on-one treatment sessions to closely monitor your progress and will advance you according to your response as well as your physician’s recommendations. We maintain regular communication to ensure your progress matches the rate of tissue healing so that your recovery is optimal.
Your participation in your rehabilitation is critical. On your first post-surgical visit, your therapist will work with you to establish your goals for therapy. Your therapist will review any post-surgical precautions you may have. You will also be prescribed an exercise program for your return home so that you can continue your progress outside of therapy.
Commonly treated orthopedic procedures include, but are not limited to:
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Total joint replacements (shoulder, hip, knee)
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Arthroscopic knee surgeries (such as meniscectomies, meniscal repairs)
- Arthroscopic hip surgeries (such as labral repairs)
- Achilles tendon repairs
- Nerve releases (such as cubital tunnel, radial tunnel, carpal tunnel, tarsal tunnel)
- Neck and back surgery (such as fusions, laminectomy, decompression)
- Surgical fixation of fractures of the arms and legs
Where possible, we recommend scheduling a visit with one of our therapists before you have surgery in order to ensure you achieve the best results.