Experience racing first hand… Your pulse will still be racing, long after the dust settles!
Pair up with a professional New Zealand driver in a purpose designed dual sulky and compete in a real race! Experience the pounding hooves, cheering crowds and live commentary.
The Dual Sulky Experience is held under real race conditions and has the same rigorous safety standards as professional racing. Drivers wear protective clothing, safety vests and helmets, all of which are provided as part of the package. Dedicated changing facilities make the transition from guest to driver an easy one.
The Dual Sulky Experience includes:
- An allocated changing area
- Tailored racing silks to wear during the race
- An overview of the race experience and what is required e.g. equipment and your role in the race
- Pre-race introductions with your driver and horse
- Pre-race procession in the Parade Ring (outside the Alex Bar & Eatery)
- Pre-race warm up
- Mobile barrier start
- On course live commentary
- On course live TV coverage (depending on where your guests are)
- A DVD of your dual sulky experience
- Your details published in the race book
- A chance to name your own horse for the race
Package 1: Add-on Dual Sulky Experience
This is the perfect ‘add-on’ for those who already have their event tickets.
- Dual Sulky Experience
Package price: $600 (incl. gst) per person – a minimum of two people are required
Package 2: Table for 10 and Dual Sulky Experience (4 people)
- Table of 10 with preferential seating
- Sumptuous buffet dinner
- Unlimited complementary beverages (house wines, beers, juice)
- The fabulous ‘Tasman Room’ views so you can experience ‘Friday Nights At The Trots’ harness racing in true style
- Race books
- Free car parking
- Dual Sulky Experience (for 4 people) with your non racing guests invited to watch from the Victory Circle and see you cross the finish line!
Package price: $3,600 (incl. gst)
Click here to book via the event page
Places are limited.